Prettifying the world one nail at a time.

Monday, May 29, 2017

The Digit-al Dozen's May Birthday Mani


Hi lovelies!

This month we celebrate Cheyenne's birthday! Happy birthday Cheyenne and I look forward to another year of being inspired by you!! Cheyenne chose a very complicated inspiration picture.. and I did not fully succeed in the mani translation. But I really tried.



As you can see the picture is stunning, yet so, so intricate, it took me a week to figure out where to even start on this! And then I didn't figure it out at all, so I just started with a black base (Rimmel "Black Out"). I took some stamping polishes from BPS (pink, blue, yellow and white) and a detail brush and just went for it. And the more I tried to make it better, the worse it got, lol! So in the end I just stopped and this is what it is. 

Now I just had a peek at Cheyenne's version and it's so good! She really captured the depth of the pic. Go check it and the other ladies' upcoming posts out below!


3 comments :

  1. I'm with you - this photo had me really nervous to try to re-create. :) I love your glittery flakes you added to show dimension. So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it turned out beautiful!! And thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these looks just like the image you supplied! I love how the colours pop so well with the black colour as the base.

    ReplyDelete

I love it if people leave comments, they make my day! However, please don't post links to web pages, because I will delete these comments!