Prettifying the world one nail at a time.

Friday, September 27, 2013

Twinsie Thursday - 80's Funk!

Hey lovelies!

Get ready for another Twinsie Thursday with Samantha from Southern Sparkle Nail Art!! 

Hello Lacquer Lovers!

I’m back! Yes, I’m back for another Twinsie Thursday! The theme was the 80’s! As a child of the late 90’s I had some research to do, but I hope that y’all like what I’ve come up with! The color scheme was purple, black, yellow, and white.

I used a different technique for this design! In fact, the design had been painted 3 days before! If you have guessed already, I made my own nail stickers! I will have a super in depth tutorial on how to do that on my blogSunday, so if you would like to see that please stop on by!

I used ProFX Quick Dry Top Coat, a unnamed Color Club Yellow, an unnamed Color Club Purple, Wet n Wild French White Crème, Sinful Colors Black on Black, China Glaze Whirled Away, and Sinful Color Clear Coat.


For the index and pinkie nails I painted 2 coats of my base color and 1 coat of China Glaze Whirled Away. For my middle finger I used tape to make a chevron and used my dotting tool with Sinful Colors Black on Black. For my ring finger I used tape to make a chevron pattern and used my dotting tool with Wet n Wild French White Crème and Sinful Colors Black on Black. I top coated and I was off!
I thought it looked very neat with a black and white filter, so I thought you may want to take a look!
I used an artificial white light to show the true colors.

You can see Lothwen's creation here!

Thanks again for having me Lothwen! We will have to do this again soon!


Thanks Samantha! I really love your take on it, and I love how we both thought triangles! Whirled away goes PERFECT with this, good thinking! We will make this a monthly thing :D

xoxoxo
Captain




No comments :

Post a Comment

I love it if people leave comments, they make my day! However, please don't post links to web pages, because I will delete these comments!